Fire Emblem Fates Personality change Elfie Japan vs USA My Room - Hulu Magazine
Release dates

Fire Emblem Fates Personality change Elfie Japan vs USA My Room

Rip sweet gentle giant
listen to the whole thing below
My room footage and translation

USA My room Audio

34 Comments

34 Comments

1. Greenalt

January 28, 2017 at 1:21 AM

Honestly Effie's English voice isn't too bad. And in some cases it's rather endearing (you want to kiss me? O-okay). I think the problem with English Effie is that they force her to fall flat by relating almost everything back to her gimmick. It's the same shit that plagued Awakening's characters. Effie's gimmick in this case is being a super strong musclehead. Which is fine. There's nothing that says a woman can't be proud of her muscles and physical strength but there's a time and a place for everything. Whoever wrote the localization script almost had something great. But then they decided to wipe their ass with the page at the last second. GG. >_>

2. Chillava

February 3, 2017 at 5:07 AM

Oh no! My waifu simulator! Seriously though. The English voice and personality made her a lot more likable imo.

3. Colin Conyers

February 18, 2017 at 1:17 AM

WHY

4. Chuuniisama

February 18, 2017 at 5:23 AM

I dunno about the rest of y'all, but I really dig the muscular female trope she got going on in the NA one.~ Not saying her JP personality isn't good, I just dig the strong tomboyish portrayal in her English voice, too.

Though I only do wish some of the NA lines were a bit different, especially when she conveys her feelings.

5. ClassyCorgi

February 20, 2017 at 8:02 PM

"There's no limit to how much I can love you"
    Me: Aw, that's sweet.
    "Or how much I can bench press"
    Me: MOTHERFU-

6. Parrotus

February 27, 2017 at 3:09 AM

Yo honestly I would've preferred a middle ground. Slightly gravelly voices are my thing (and gentle giant shit is way too obvious), but the "WOAH BRO MY MUSCLES" shit (as much as I desire to be choked out) is not subtle at all and im not fond of it.

7. SamuraiVader

March 8, 2017 at 2:51 AM

0:54 lol

8. Drason Vender

March 9, 2017 at 3:31 AM

Am I the only person that like American Effie more, since we already have a gentle giant in Benoit why make 2

9. Sidney

March 12, 2017 at 6:19 PM

If Effie was the same way she is the Japanese version I really wouldn't care for her as much, I get shes a gentle giant, but isn't Benny already one? And isn't it more typical for the guy to be the meathead and the girl to be gentle? So, I guess they switched it

10. Green Storm

March 12, 2017 at 10:21 PM

If they had given me the Japanese effie, I would have married her. Her American version sucks.

11. GambitX37

March 14, 2017 at 3:21 PM

This is such a misuse of power/control and disrespectful to the original vision of the character. I thought the way they randomly change characters names for no good reason was bad enough, but THIS is going too far. Please don't try to change character's entire personalities in the future FE games, Treehouse.

English voice actor is amazing though.

12. Bart Sympson

March 17, 2017 at 11:02 PM

The US ver sounds like a boy.

13. WeaponXSigma

March 20, 2017 at 1:52 AM

Now that I've head the Japanese version, I prefer this a lot more over the US version which I'm pretty sure caused a ton of memes. And now I wonder who'd win if Effie battled Sakura from Danganronpa. Both gentle giants, both strong as hell.

14. Ceaseless Agony

March 22, 2017 at 5:05 AM

Fuck you America.

15. Zeke Blane

March 25, 2017 at 10:17 AM

why

16. Light's Blade

March 28, 2017 at 5:33 AM

Take off that armor and see if you really are muscular.

17. Azura The Songstress

March 29, 2017 at 3:15 PM

Why treehouse why effie was literal waifu material in the Japanese an now u make her them dude girls from the gym

18. SammEater

April 1, 2017 at 3:28 PM

This is ridiculous, it's not actually translating something but make your own version of the story, basically something like 4Kids did to many animations before.

19. Izzym00

April 10, 2017 at 9:54 AM

We went from a shy and cute but powerful knight… to Sully 2.0.

20. Ron Yuma

April 30, 2017 at 11:13 PM

gross man

21. Soyunidota

May 2, 2017 at 3:35 PM

Strong quads!
    ATG squats!

22. mew umu

May 9, 2017 at 7:15 PM

why does everyone hate the USA effie? I love them both and don't mind the tough attitude of the new effie!

23. Rai Jin

May 9, 2017 at 10:15 PM

japanese version: a strong courageous woman that has a sweet side to her
    english peasant version:
    "Dude I like skating and I feel like killing myself..check out these gains tho"

24. Dan Won

June 29, 2017 at 12:33 AM

What did they do!?!? LMAO!!!!

25. Tye the Monado Boy

July 8, 2017 at 10:52 AM

I prefer the localised Effie tbh.

26. Arkey

August 6, 2017 at 5:52 PM

i expect it to be sully voice not effie.

27. Charlé Ouel

September 12, 2017 at 3:29 AM

Well I kinda like it but it also sond really wrong whene she talking about her bicep into a love thing… But still Kinda like the personality change it biter sweet. 😛
    Any way I probably won't buy that game never was a fan of game that try to sell me 3 game at once… (same for Pokemon)

28. Mioda

September 24, 2017 at 5:30 AM

I want to go pick this game up but then I see this and remember why I didnt since I dont like the idea that Treehouse butchered the personalities/dialogue

29. fanta orange

October 3, 2017 at 7:53 PM

American effie is perfect all of you weebs stop

30. Akira

October 17, 2017 at 10:48 PM

I honestly prefer the English version for this one

31. Jflowization

October 25, 2017 at 10:27 PM

i actually dont mind teh englsih voice, i do like my tomboys, my only grip is that i wish she would stop talking comparing her muscles, maybe if she was someone, like VI from LOL i think she would be more bearable

32. SeraphimDragon

December 1, 2017 at 8:17 AM

I understand a woman can be strong both physically and mentally, while retaining her feminine nature behind closed doors. However, I also have a personal distaste towards displaying such a character unrealistically. Effie is a knight first and foremost. She has devoted her life and body towards that goal for most of her life. Given that context, is it REALLY so unrealistic to believe she'd act in an awkward tomboyish way (which is how she is generally) towards the main character as she does in the US translation as opposed to keeping the original attitude? It's different, yes, and it's not as "demure" as many fans wished she'd be in the cross over but if you guys REALLY want to get nitpicky about keeping things authentic, then I guess the US translators should've kept the bit about Soleil being drugged by the main character to "fix" her sexual preference. Are you people going to defend that translation, too? Objectively, this translation works fine. It's subjectivity that's making this comment section look like a butthurt teen blaming the opposite sex for why they can't get laid.

33. Naychikayabun

January 21, 2018 at 9:07 AM

“Nothing is stronger than my love for you… except my biceps” Mann gotta love the eng dub sometimes

34. Samu Rönkkö

January 28, 2018 at 1:13 AM

Her very design and colors just do not match the english voices at all