NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founders Edition Explained - Hulu Magazine
Release dates

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founders Edition Explained

What is the difference between Nvidia GTX 1080 / 1070 Founders Edition and the reference model? Many people believed the GTX 1080 would launch at $599, but the reference cards from Nvidia, now called the “Founders Edition” is actually going to be retailing for $700. While board partners like EVGA, MSI, Asus & Gigabyte will be able to charge as low as $599 at release date for their cards. What the actual launch prices are still remains to be seen.

US Amazon –

Bookmark my CD Keys Link:

Patreon Contributors Page:

Like me on Facebook:

Royalty Free Music by Epidemic Sounds

1. gienny lee

I think you are using Corsair 450D

2. Bombatron

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

What camera did you use to film the video? The quality is stunning!

3. rohitcharli

Wait so…

If the 700$ founders edition is what we think is the reference card today, then what does that make the 600$ card? A sub-reference card lol?

4. darkontt

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

This maybe a noob question, but I would honestly appreciate an answer from Joker:
    What is the difference between the various founders edition cards?
    e.g.: EVGA GTX 1080 founders edition and ASUS GTX 1080 founders edition cost different amounts. Why would I pay more for one or the other?

5. Skull Illusion

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

Is it a mistake to buy a reference card, the GTX 1080 founder's edition?

6. heglassedme

7. Fr33man1988

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

Okay….why the fuck are you wearing Ecko bro? People haven't worn that shit in nearly decade

8. Shane Herald

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

so many people have this same thing all confused ,…..then when i try to explain to them what the founders edition is …they say im full of shit …lmao….its true there is only one founders edition ….and it is in fact …."Reference" being replaced by "Founders"….there is not …Not a normal 1080 and a overclocked 1080 founders edition …… lmao….like some people i know seems to think this……anything after the Founders Edition 1080 that is going to be overclocked or supped up will be made by Nvidia's board partners … msi. asus, evga ,……..NVidia has made one 1080 them selves and it is the Founders Edition…. the name change makes perfect sense to me ….after all Nvidia is the founder of the card ……

9. Jonas Stockkamp

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

There are msrp graffiks cards with blower style fans too. Asus turbo oc for example.(960/970)

10. Ash Geek

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

Founder's edition is basically screwing everyone over

11. Jonathan Caban

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

There is 2 versions of the GTX 1080 one is 599 abnd the other is the one called Founder 699, So you are wrong lol, You can see than when you make your pc in CyberPowerPC they give you those two options

12. Excel Designs

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

Im getting a reference 1070 but can anyone tell me if i should wait for a non ref?

13. Roth Monirith

gtx 1070 enough for 27inch 144z ips? or gtx 1080? thank for reply

14. Thomas Pedersen

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

Hey Joker thx for the heads up. Ive just sold my GTX 980. So im up for the 1080 bad boy. But because of your video. Im thinking about NOT getting the founders edition if theres no benefits from getting that anyway. I really, REALLY thought that card would have maybe a higher boost clock, better cooling or some sorts of reason to be that more expensive. But lets see how much its gonna cost here in Denmark, Europe. Cant wait to get my hands on it.. And play the last map, The Well in DOOM… Its pretty hard to complete on a Intel HD 3000 Onboard gfx from Asus. 😀 (sold my GTX 980 when i was 90% Through my favorite game) 😀

15. mohamed amin drira

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

so how mush will the gtx 1070 cost on the msi version ?

16. bjmxd

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

im gunna wait till 1080's become more available around july and get 2 of those bad boys plus i need to save up a bit more but def going sli on them 😉

17. Crestfallen92

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

gl trying to get a 1080 i could only hold 7 1080 founders edition from my vender 2 of for me of course 🙂 hopefully nvidia makes more of them b4 may 27th

18. Cam

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

i already have a 980ti and everything i play is totally fine. Im not jumping on this until maybe the 1080ti or somthing like that.

19. sheldonspider86

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

I love reference cards, they look smooth and professional. The other brands always look like a thrown together piece of crap.

20. manalive33

November 10, 2017 at 5:13 PM

I'll wait for Gigabyte, or Evga's cards, they are always clocked higher and just seems like more bang for your buck. Unless as he mentioned you need the reference style for your build.

21. guily6669

November 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

I just hope the biggest difference is the bios… So if I can get the cheaper one and then flash the more expensive bios, might become exactly like the expensive model, like it happen on the past with different cards…

But GTX 1080 is definitely too expensive for me.

GTX 1070 is more in my price range, but sadly I got disappointed by the fact that they are still trying to sell old technology on this card (I mean the GDDR5). And who knows if next year tablets and smartphones wont also come with GDDR5X and I just couldnt live with the fact I would have paid a lot for the 1070 to have older technology than a next year tabletsmartphone (though I know they are WAY slower and more expensive).

I will wait for AMD's cards too, I specially want to see if they will add HBM2 memory in them so I can finally upgrade my GTX570 (Hell how things are going I might even try buying a used GTX 950, skip this generation and wait for next coming Nvidias GPUs that will probably already bring HBM…).

That or even make a whole new PC when VOLTA comes out, specially if intel goes 8 cores mainstream for lower prices (got disappointed with intel by announcing 4 core cpus coming again, jeez… most best smartphones are all 8 cores for a while already…).

22. HixxyDubz

November 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

are you going to get a 1080 then go to the gp100 with hbm2 later this year?

23. mata matosa

November 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

GUYS dont buy this shit until there's DX 12 benchmakrzz

24. Solitude

November 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

Founder's Edition is just glorified original card with extra prize!……… Give me two……

25. John Kiser

November 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

I believe the cooler on the founders edition is a bit difference and allows for a higher overclock.

26. Chris Webber

November 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

Idc how much they sell for. I just care when the 1080 customs come out. I am thinking about getting founders, because I'm getting more into cooling. But I reeeeaaaaaallly like the Zotac's LED's =P #choosingishard #soiswaiting

27. PRINCE

November 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

can it run good with
    System Model: OptiPlex 7010
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM

28. Deekan Whalan

November 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM

Wait so the 1080 won't cost $600 it will cost $700?